Aquarium Fish Feeding Tips
Aquarium Fish Feeding Tips – A few guide lines for feeding your fish
- Identify feeding requirements of species kept (herbivores, omnivores, etc.)
- Allow a minimum 30 minutes period after lights are turned on and 30 minutes before lights are turned off before feeding.
- Feed fish approximately 1-2 times daily (mimic the way fish feed in nature), quantity consumed in 2-3 minutes.
- Bottom Feeders should be allowed a 5 minute period to consume their food.
- Keep dry food away from moisture and try not to handle food with wet hands.
- Aquariums containing bottom feeders (sharks, botias & corydoras, etc), should be fed with bottom feeding tablets.
- Use only quality foods
- Provide a varied diet, minimum 2 dry foods (1 flake food and 1 freeze-dried) and 1 frozen food.
- Always try to incorporate some Spirulina in a fish’s diet, especially for herbivores.
To view our full range of Food click HERE